A few ways to remove tan includes home remedies such as making a paste of lemon, turmeric and yogurt. A few things in your fridge can easily help get rid of your tan but they must be done ritually.
Sun tan or tanning is the process of the skin color darkening because of the sun. The darkening is caused by result of exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation from sunlight or from artificial sources, such as a tanning bed. There are some people who tan naturally (which means they easily get darker under the sun), while other often get tanned using a tanning bed.
There is another way to get a faster tan, which is the spray on tan during which a coat of colorless chemical is sprayed on the body that reacts with proteins in the top layer of the skin, resulting in a brown color. These tans fade automatically in some time.
While tanning a favorite recreational activity for many, there are many risks associated with these including sunburn and increased risk of skin cancer.
A lot of people aim to remove the tanning that can happen automatically in an attempt to get fairer. There are many home remedy methods that can be used, but these may or may not produce the results that you are looking for.
Few methods to easily remove a tan:
- Rub a raw potato on the skin - Cut a potato in half and scrub it on the areas that are tanned.
- Cucumber, rose water and lemon juice pack – Cucumber is said to cool the skin along with rose water and the lemon juice is to lighten the skin.
- Besan (bengal gram flour) and turmeric pack – make a paste of this and apply liberally, at least two times a week.
- Papaya and honey pack – papaya also has lightening capability
- Aloe Vera, masoor daal (red lentil) and tomato pack – aloe vera provides a very cooling effect and is also good for burns and cuts. Tomato is acidic in nature, which helps in lightening.
- Lemon juice, yogurt, and tomato paste – A paste of lemon juice and tomato to help with the natural bleaching, while the yogurt provides a cooling effect.
- Oatmeal and buttermilk paste – create a paste of oatmeal with around 2-3 tablespoons of buttermilk and apply liberally.
- Preparing a paste of some raw milk, turmeric and some lemon juice. Raw milk provides the cooling effect, while the turmeric and lemon juice is used as a natural bleach.
- Aloe Vera gel found in the local stores
- Mash of potato and lemon juice – The lemon juice adds to the lightening qualities found in potatoes.
- Apply lemon juice on your hands (do not put it directly on the face) – Lemon juice is high in acidic content and while it is okay to put on arms and legs, the face is too sensitive for directly applying raw lemon juice.
- Exfoliate using scrub (sugar scrub) and a loofah – exfoliating results in getting rid of the layer of dead skin and helping the skin underneath to shine through.
- Drink and apply coconut water on the skin
To remove a fake tan
- Exfoliate your skin using a scrub or a loofah
- Go swimming in an indoor pool – the chlorine from the water can help reduce the tan
- Visit the steam room
- Tan removal products
Image Courtesy: imbbpullzone.laedukreationpvt.netdna-cdn.com