A resume is a document used by persons to present their backgrounds and skills.
A resume is considered to be one of the most important tools for a job seeker. A resume is you on paper. Hence, you want it to best represent yourself. A resume can be tricky, as it has to effectively showcase an applicant’s education history and work experience. A resume should ideally be one to two pages long, so the problem lies is how you accurately depict yourself within those two pages. Here is an example of a resume to help you prepare your own resume:
123 Apple Street, Orange County, California 123456
[email protected] ● (123) 456 – 7890
Objective: To get a position as a Sales Manager
Enthusiastic, driven sales clerk with six years of retail experience
Award-winning customer service and interpersonal skills
- Skilled at operating computerized cash registers, scanners, and other POS systems
- Provide customer service for and handle the payments of hundreds of customers daily
- Excellent money-handling skills and familiarity with POS systems
- Maintain and restock inventory of over 2500 items
- Evaluated sales trends based on real time data
- Reallocated resources during two-week annual shutdown so that no down time was encountered and all sales were finished on time.
- Test market for new products and provide valuable input
- Collaborate with Marketing Division to develop an effective sales strategy for existing and new products.
New Sales Record at K.P.S. Inc.
Employee of the Month among 50 other employees – April and May 2008, December 2008 and June, July and August 2010
Sales Associate, K.P.S. Inc. June 2011 – December 2013
Sales Clerk, Amy’s Boutique November 2009 – June 2011
Sales Clerk, ABC Grocery Store August 2008 – November 2009
Cashier, ABC Grocery Store September 2006 – June 2008
ABC College, Kiwi, CA
Bachelor of Arts May 2008
Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop Elements, QuickBooks, Web 2.0 Marketing, SQL Database and UPC Inventory Tracking Systems.
Learn more about Resume: