When is Mother’s Day?
Mother’s Day is celebrated in various countries. Mostly, this day is celebrated worldwide in the month of March or May.
Mother’s Day is being celebrated from the early 20th century, in the United States. It is a celebration for honoring mothers and their motherhood. This day highlights the maternal bonds of a mother with her children. It is celebrated in various countries, in accordance to their scheduled dates. Mostly, it is celebrated in the month of March or May.
It was first celebrated by Anna Jarvis in 1908. She trademarked the phrases "second Sunday in May" and "Mother's Day", and created the Mother's Day International Association.
Mother’s day is celebrated on different dates in different countries such as:
- In United States, it’s on second Sunday of May.
- In India, it’s on second Sunday of May.
- In Algeria, it’s on Last Sunday of May.
- In Luxembourg, it’s on second Sunday of June.
- In United Kingdom, it’s celebrated as Mother’s Day, or Mothering Sunday, which is on 30th March.
- In most Arab Countries, Mother's Day is celebrated on 21 March.