One can unblock websites by hacking the IP address of the given blocked site.
With the internet censorship increasing drastically over the past few years, many countries have started extending internet censorship to almost all sources of free unbiased information. Also, schools and offices have started preventing users from accessing websites which they think are of no use in the respective area. Which is why, website blocking is now becoming a common phenomena all over the world. However, one doesn’t have to sit back and simply accept the terms and condition of a third party.
It is called ‘reactance’ in psychology; it is something which appears when we believe that someone’s orders, rules or regulations are about to narrow our options or limit our behavioral freedoms. So, get up, unlock the sites and get surfing. There are simple ways in which an unblocked website can be hacked, a few are given below:
- Cache: There are many search engines which maintain a cache of web pages indexed to them. One can try searching a website, and then simply click on the cached link, given next to the result.
- Access Blocked Websites using Google Translate or Yahoo! Babelfish: These translational services can also be used to get onto blocked websites. Simply enter the different language from the website in the 'from' text in the ‘to’ text: this method is sued to bypass the software that blocks the websites on the basis of specific keyword mentions.
- Proxy Websites: There are many proxy websites or anonymizers that help to open blocked websites on their servers and present the data to you; it hides the address of the service provider. A few popular website are HideMyAss, Anonymouse and KProxy, etc.
- RSS Readers use to access the Restricted Blogs: One can use these readers to unblock the blogs. The given content is syndicated via the RSS feeds.
- Use of IP Address to Decimal Conversion: Another method is the use of decimal points to unlock websites. One can enter the decimal number of the URL's IP address to get access to restricted websites; the address of the banned website will be converted into decimal.
- Create a 2 layered Unblocker: Just go to Google Translate or Yahoo! Babelfish, open any proxy website inside it and then use that proxy website to access your blocked website. In this way, one can achieve two layered website unblocking.
- TOR: TOR or The Onion Router is free software that protects the privacy and security of its users by channeling data through multiple nodes so as to prevent the original data from being unscrambled.
- Nyud.net: Simply add nyud.net to the blocked URL, and watch the website open.
- Opera Mini Simulator: This is another web based version of Opera which allows users to unblock blocked websites. Even websites that do not offer a mobile version can be viewed through this, although the quality of the results obtained may not be that good.
- Changing DNS servers: A common way of blocking websites is preventing DNS servers from giving the locations of the blocked website's servers. So, by simply changing your DNS servers to Open DNS will be your best option to get over the block.
- VPN Software: VPN or Virtual Private Network Software can be described as a tunnel under the public network that offers more anonymity than any other proxy websites as it also encrypts the data transferred by the blocked website.
- IP Hiding Software: Sometimes, websites block users on a particular IP address from visiting themselves. In such cases, free IP hiding software like UltraSurf can be used to visit them.
- Edit your host files: Some malware and blocking software edit your host files and add a website's address to prevent you from visiting that website. In such a scenario, you can edit your host file with Notepad by visiting “C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc” if C is your system drive and remove that website.