Menopause is the ceasing or stopping of menstruation cycle in a women’s life.
Menopause is a milestone just like puberty in normal life of a woman, it is not a disease or problematic condition but a natural stage wherein a woman no more remains fertile and looses her menstruation cycle. It is the time of the woman's last period, whose symptoms may begin from many years earlier. The time span differs from every woman to woman as it depends on an individual’s natural diet, health and environment.
There are prior stages before menopause:
The premenopause starts in the 3rd to 5th year before the periods or menstruation stops, in this phase the estrogen level of a woman begins to drop.
The main menopause is the phase when a woman last had her periods with a long gap; at this phase the ovaries stops releasing the eggs and produces most of their estrogen.
The years after the main menopause, during this phase, the menopausal symptoms, such as hot flashes, ease for most women. However, health risks related to the loss of estrogen also increases according to their increasing ages.
Main symptoms and causes at menopause are:
At the menopause woman, faces some critical problems, they need to be strong enough to deal with these issues. They do handle and tackle out but most often find themselves very depresses and irritated, so a through will power and counseling at times are need to help them out from these phases. Listed below are some common Menopausal issues and problems which are observed during the phase:
- Irregular periods: periods or menstruation pattern changes causing irregularity in periods, this is the first symptoms during the start of menopause.
- Lower fertility: the time when a woman looses her fertility and the estrogen levels drops down.
- Vaginal dryness: the itching and/or discomfort. It tends to happen during the primenopause causes the dryness of vagina.
- Hot flashes: a sudden feeling of heat in the upper body arises. It may start in the face, neck or chest, and then spreads upwards or downwards (depending on where it started).
- Night sweats: it’s due to the hot flashes, which happens in bed, called as night sweats.
- Disturbed sleep: sleep disturbance may be caused by insomnia or anxiety; difficulty falling asleep and staying asleep increase as women go through menopause.
- Urinary problems: tend to be more susceptible to urinary tract infections, such as cystitis.
- Moodiness: mood changes and fluctuates within a time span.
- Problems focusing and learning: generally woman start forgetting and taking for granted, they start loosing their confidence.
- More fat building up in the abdomen: women loose their body figure and start becoming fat with imbalanced body physique.
- Hair loss (thinning hair): hairs become loose, they start going, some woman also faces baldness issues.
- Loss of breast size: size of breast starts decreasing and they lower downs.
Hence, today majority of woman, who are between 45 to 50 years of age face the menopause issues, which need to be handled carefully by giving them moral support and taking proper care with all attentions. A positive and happy environment is a best way to make them fell refresh and happy.